From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: found fusion/pluto interaction bug
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 21:11:42 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Moved this to Jetspeed-dev
>
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
>

>> I thought we would first go through Release candidates for 1.6 before
>> announcing an official "1.6" release ?
>>

> im -1 on that because no one actually works on 1.6 anymore except myself
> There hasn't been any activity on the 1.6 branch for months
> My vote is to release it since I don't have the free tiem for a full RC
> cycle

That's precisely why I think it's risky to call it a release directly.
If there's any bug found in the 1.6 release, we'll get a whole lot a
user queries on the list with few developers still actively working and
supporting the 1.x branch.
I'd like the 1.6 final release to be as stable as possible so that we
don't *have* to cut a 1.6.1 for maintenance reasons because of some
major issues in the release.
For me reaching this goal means cut a release, calling it RC1, freeze
the tree, ask all users to test it out for 2 weeks - 1 month and if no
one comes back with a showstopper or major bug, recut a 1.6 release that
can possibly be the same as 1.6 RC1 and publicly state that from then
on Jetspeed 1 is in "maintenance mode" with no features added and that
all users should consider upgrading.

>>> If we could get the fix in now I'd be glad to incorporate it in the
>>> release
>>>

>> I can write it easily but I don't have currently the environment to
>> test it :) I've not yet run Fusion...
>>
>> I'll commit a patch later this evening.
>>
> send me a patch and i'll test it immediately

I'm testing it in J2 right now... I'll ping you when it's done and
committed and let you update the Fusion assembly file, ok ?

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/