From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: Third party portlets do not work in M2
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2005 08:20:38 GMT
Graig,

This is an problem I encountered before but never got around to properly
track down and solve.

I think you installed M2 using the same database you used for a previous
installment of an earlier version of Jetspeed-2 (at least, I encountered
the same problem that way). Jetspeed-2 maintains a cache of PortletEntities
in the database but still doesn't have a way to automatically update these
when a fragment definition changes (while the fragment id remains unchanged).

You should be able to workaround your problem by updating the fragment id in
the psml files.
Or, "delete" the portlet application using the new PALM portlet. You need to stop
if first then. Beware: you will also lose your preferences that way.
If the portlet application is started again (through the Tomcat manager or after
restart of Tomcat), it will automatically be registered again.

The strange thing with your specific error is though (and something I haven't been
able to track down yet) that the cache entry should be removed after the first error
and afterwards (subsequent request) this should not occur anymore.
But I know that isn't the case and your report proves it too.

I haven't been able to reproduce it again myself yet but I definitely want to solve
this problem. You could help me out by providing the complete jetspeed.log
(under WEB-INF/logs) after you reproduced this problem at least two times again for
the same portlet (just a refresh of the page should be enough).
Hopefully I can derive from the stack traces the exact flow in which this goes wrong.
Please *don't* update your psml files before doing that ;-)

Regards, Ate