From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [J2] deployment-refactoring branch
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2005 00:18:44 GMT

Doug Schnelzer wrote:
> Ate,
>
> We are currently testing the deployment-refactoring branch in Tomcat
> 5.5.8 and JBoss 4.0.1sp1.  I read through JS2-210 and couldn't see how
> we should undeploy a Portlet given the changes in the branch.  Is
> there a way to do this yet or do we need to wait for enhancements to
> the PAM?
Doug,

No, it isn't possible yet. I'd planned to provide this through the PAM this
week but I haven't been able to find time to do so. I do hope to deliver this
as soon as possible because without it I won't commit it yet to the
main branch. Maybe I can get something working this weekend...

But please, don't let this stop you from testing.
The deployment and redeployment you can test out and technically
(from classloader management standpoint) those are the difficult onces.
If those work as expected, I know my solution is the right way to go :-)

Ate