From Peter Meier <peter.me...@tec.govt.nz>
Subject Which classloader to use?
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:17:01 GMT
I noticed that the classloader that is stored in PortletDefinition under
portletClassLoader  is *not* the classloader that is actually used (or
has been used) to load the portlet class itself. Instead, there is a
classloader stored that has been taken from a map that has been
previously created. Although in this case the URL classloader is
pointing to the right class path, it could cause ClassCastExceptions if
it used to create classes instead of the classloader from the portlet class.

My question is what was the initial intention of having a classloader
map, when it is not used for portlet class loading itself?
Is there any objection if the code in JetspeedPortletFactory is altered
thus that it *always* stores the actual classloader of the portlet in
portletClassLoader of Portletdefinition as the name suggests?

By doing the latter, I also avoid classloader issues in JBoss.

Regards,
Peter

Architect,
TEC