From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject [J2] Proposed Changes to MyFaces Bridge
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:07:41 GMT
All,

A quick email to make sure that everyone is OK with
the changes I am about to make.

1. Following Ate's request regarding
myfaces-1.0.8-PATCHED, I have removed all dependencies
from any patch that was applied temporarily.  All the
changes we required were submitted to the MyFaces
project and are now part of the default myfaces.jar.
However, this will require the myfaces dependencies to
be upgraded to myfaces-1.0.9.

2. MyFaces now has built in support for the portlet
specs.  I have added and documented an example
application to J2 and will be committing it.

3. I would like to proposed to change the myfaces
bridge to a more generic JSF bridge.  The bridge will
only have dependencies on the JSF APIs.  Therefore, I
would like to propose changing the bridge packaging
from org.apache.portals.bridges.myfaces to
org.apache.portals.bridges.jsf and update
appropriately all the old dependencies.

If you all agree with those changes, I will be
emailing David (ST) with the new JSF jars
(myfaces-1.0.9.jar and myfaces-jsf-api-1.0.9.jar) for
him to upload them to the bluesunrise servers.  Those
jars are dependencies for me to commit the above
proposed changes.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,

David Le Strat.