From wat...@wispertel.net
Subject Re: [J2] New PAM/Deployer
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:25:44 GMT
Dev Team:

> At the moment, there is a problem with undeploy/redeploy on Windows
> platforms. I believe this is due to file read locks on the WEB-INF/lib
> jar files, possibly others. I am currently working on a solution and/or
> workaround for this problem.

Yes, there is a major problem with file locking on windows that is causing
redeploy and undeploy to fail. I suspect that this is due to our portlet
application class loaders referencing jar files in the
webapps/*/WEB-INF/lib directories. This problem is much more severe now
that the new deployer is pushing WAR files instead of overwriting the
portlet application webapps directory.

Thanks for being patient with a new committer struggling mightily in the
bowels of the deployer!

Randy