From Orion Karl Daley <or...@system1.tradingsystems.net>
Subject [Fwd: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF web.xml]
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:18:40 GMT
  Additional -

Please see the enclosed. Also how do you migrate a built 1.5 to a 2
platform such as the portlets that have been installed, and various
views and options that 1.5 offers. I did much configuring before
realizing that I could not reverse Proxy 1.5 - and also wonder if I can
reverse Proxy Version 2 ?

Thanks,

Orion -

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed-2/portal/src/webapp/WEB-INF web.xml
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:57:16 -0500
From: Orion Karl Daley <orion@tradingsystems.net>
To: taylor@apache.org

Hi Tailor:

Wonder if you could advise me on a few things when you can make a few
moments -

1- I moved to JetSpeed2 from 1.5 assuming that I could put this behind a
firewall and reverse proxy to apache/tomcat, as this is common with what
I do with any web app, or cgi .

I am perplexed as to why Jetspeed only likes TheActualHost:8080, as
opposed to using relative URLS. Is there any way to actaully do this, as
not prefering to open 8080 to the firewall, nor expose anything beyond
the actual reverse proxyAddress:80 which then maps to wherever needed.
Example : http://reverseproxy.org/jetspeed which maps <--- -->
http://ActualHost:8080/jetspeed. ( My Proxy is netscape and works well
with everything )

Also I noticed Login Redirector.jsp, and figured that it was put there
for a reason, as I can hardcode the Prefix for the Login, which works,
but the links want to point to 8080 regrdless.

Or Do you know of a 1.5 build where RelativeDynamicURI is used instead
of DynamicURI ?

2- The Jetspeed1.5 env had lots of utilities such as the Portlet Manager
with many portlets, and had set up RSS's and IFrames, etc. I do not see
this as part of JetSpeed 2?

Is there a package to download in order to add this -

Much time has been spent on trying to figure this all out, and ver much
could appreciate your help,

Thanks Much,

Orion -