From ictr...@slu.edu.ph
Subject Problem checking out J2 via cvsgrab
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:24:55 GMT

Hello guys,

It's been so long since the last time I was able to checkout J2.  With so many
changes being committed by our ever hardworking developers, I just can't wait
to get a copy of the source.

As I am behind a proxy, I use CVSGrab.  I have posted the same problem several
months ago, but you suggested I have to wait for J2 to be hosted via SVN as
there are problems encountered with CVS.  When will J2 be finally made
available via SVN?  I am aware that it is undergoing tests lately.

Anyway, if some of you were able to make it work via CVSGrab, please tell me
what I am missing.  When I issue the following command, I get no error.  Except
that the update process does not actually do its task.

The command:

cvsgrab.sh -proxyHost myProxyHost -proxyPort 8080 -proxyUser myUserName
-proxyPassword myPassword -rootUrl http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/
-packagePath jakarta-jetspeed-2 -destDir ~/cvs -tag HEAD
 -cvsRoot :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic

The output:

CVSGrab - -Using proxy myProxyHost:8080
CVSGrab - -Login on the proxy with user name myUserName
CVSGrab - -CVSGrab version 2.1 starting...
[WARN] CVSGrab - -CVS Root not found, there may be issues if ViewCvs is used
with multiple repositories
[WARN] CVSGrab - -Use the parameter -cvsRoot <root> to remove this warning
CVSGrab - -Detected cvs web interface: ViewCVS 1.0-dev
CVSGrab - -cvs update: Updating jakarta-jetspeed-2/
CVSGrab - ------

It exits gracefully but no files actually checked out.  It's kinda weird because
I've been using this command with no problem for several months.  I am not sure
if this a problem with cvs server or cvsgrab.  I hope J2 source will become
more accessible with the upcoming migration to SVN.  I appreciate any
suggestions.

Regards,
Jaq Marit