From Henry Saginor <HSagi...@suz.com>
Subject RE: building jetspeed2 - Communication failure during handshake
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:27:03 GMT
Thanks for the reply Scott.

I am pretty sure the database is started. I am using MySQL and am able to
connect with the Control Center.

Also, I did follow the steps on the getting started page. After the initial
build failed I ran maven quickStart goal and it did connect to the DB server
successfully and created some tables in the test database. This tells me
that the DB server is up and the problem is something else.

Looking at the build output it looks like it could not initialize some
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DatasourceComponent. There is also
some warning about JNDI. Do you know anything about that?

[junit]  INFO: Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize portal
Engine...
[junit]  WARN: Internal JNDI has been flagged true by the
portal.use.internal.jndi system  property.  This overrides the configuration
setting of false
[junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 3.687 sec
[junit] [ERROR] TEST org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestSpringEngine FAILED
[junit] Running org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.TestPipeline
[junit]  INFO: Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize portal
Engine...
[junit] JNDI System Property flag null
[junit] org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name
'org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DatasourceComponent'