From Greg Passmore <greg.passm...@gemstone.com>
Subject RE: Help installing/building
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:15:46 GMT

Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott T. Weaver [mailto:scotts-jetspeed-list@binary-designs.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:06 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Help installing/building

Comments inline...

Greg Passmore wrote:

>Thanks for the help guys. However, I am still hitting problems after
>getting past this. I did a cvs update and I followed the instructions
>on the website, doing:
>
>Maven start.test.server
>
>Maven -Dmaven.test.skip=true allClean allBuild
>

>Stopped the test.server
>
>Maven start.production.server
>
>Maven quickStart
>

>Then I go to http://localhost:2004/jetspeed
>
>(I'm using tomcat 5.x)
>
>And I get this Exception:
>
> WARN: IOException, CatalinaPAM will only function as FileSystemPAM:
>java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

You  need to set up a tomcat user that has the roles "manager" and "admin"
in /conf/tomcat-users.xml.  This should correspond to the
jetspeed.properties entries: autodeployment.user and
autodeployment.password.

>[org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR:
>SQLException thrown while trying to get Connection from Datasource
>(java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
>Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'

Make sure the jakarta-tomcat-5.0.27/conf/Catalina/localhost/jetspeed.xml
has the database connection pool configured correctly.

>org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver
>of class '' for connect URL 'null'
>	at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSourc
>e.jav
>a:780)
>	at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.j
>ava:5
>40)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConn
>ectio
>nFromDataSource(Unknown Source)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupC
>onnec
>tion(Unknown Source)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(U
>nknow
>n Source)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement
>(Unkn
>own Source)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(Unknown
>Source)
>	at
>org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(Unknown
Source)
> [...]
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4357)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.j
>ava:8
>23)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeplo
>yer.j
>ava:277)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:617)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
>	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:968)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleS
>uppor
>t.java:119)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
>	at
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
>	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>	at
>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.ja
>va:39
>)
>	at
>sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccesso
>rImpl
>.java:25)
>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
>	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
>Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
>	at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
>	at
>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSourc

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <weaver@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *