From John West <jw...@exnihilo.com>
Subject Re: Dumb question?
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:57:00 GMT
Sorry -- I didn't mean that I want to use jetspeed-2 on WebSphere but
that my experience with jetspeed-1 (as WebSphere Portal Server) leads me
to want to be involved with jetspeed-2 development. I'm actually not
interested in using WebSphere at all.

I'll apply Randy's patches and see if I can't get a running install (on
Tomcat).

Thanks!

David Sean Taylor wrote:

> John West wrote:
>

>> I've been developing Jetspeed 1 portlets (mostly on WebSphere Portal
>> Server) for some time now and I thought I'd get involved with
>> Jetspeed 2.
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting a build out of cvs. I update my local
>> directory then 'maven allClean allBuild' per the instructions on the
>> Getting Started page.  Everything progresses nicely until:
>>
> Jetspeed  Fusion runs on Websphere (running J2 underneath)
> See here:
> http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/Fusion
>
>> In this attempt I'm using the Hypersonic DB, but I get the same error
>> when I tried to move to MySQL instead. I'll come right out and admit
>> I've never used Maven before, so I don't really understand what's
>> going on in there.
>>
> I don't think HSQL works with Websphere
> Also check this out for tips on setting up MySQL with Websphere:
>
> http://www.webspherepower.com/issuesprint/issue200403/00001236.html

*John West*
ExNihilo Inc.
2 Charles St.