From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: Error deploying Custom Portlet
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:51:15 GMT
Does the deployment log show that your portlet app was deployed?  You
may also want to check the database and make sure the app was registered
was registered.

nagaraja rao wrote:

>thanks for the response. The content of portlet.xml is
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>  <portlet-app id="Hello" version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>  xsi:schemaLocation="
>  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet">
>   <portlet id="HelloWorld">
>     <portlet-name>HelloWorld</portlet-name>
>    <portlet-class>HelloWorld</portlet-class>
>      <portlet-info>
>       <title>Hello World</title>
>    </portlet-info>
>
>    <supports>
>     <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
>     <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
>    </supports>
>   </portlet>
>  </portlet-app>
>
>And i modified the default-page.psml as
> <fragment id="40" type="portlet" name="Hello::HelloWorld">
>      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="3" />
>      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="1" />
>    </fragment>
>
>regards
>Nag
>
>"Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-list@binary-designs.net> wrote:
>Check the deployment log and make sure your portal app war was deployed
>correctly. Also, please post your portlet.xml and your custom .psml page.
>
>nagaraja rao wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I followed the sequence of steps mentioned in the web site for deploying custom portlet
but getting the following error.
>>Can someone please let me know what i am missing?
>>
>>2004-08-10 17:06:05,411 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
-
>>JetspeedPowerTool failed to retreive the current PortletEntity.
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow:
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException: Error generating
new PortletEntity:
>>org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException: Failed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow: org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException:
>>Error generating new PortletEntity: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException:
>>Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>>at org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.impl.PortletWindowAccessorImpl.getPortletWindow(PortletWindowAccessorImpl.java:98)
>>at org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getCurrentPortletEntity(JetspeedPowerTool.java:381)
>>
>>regards
>>Nag

>>New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <weaver@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *