From "Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: Error deploying Custom Portlet
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:05:45 GMT
Check the deployment log and make sure your portal app war was deployed
correctly.  Also, please post your portlet.xml and your custom .psml page.

nagaraja rao wrote:

>Hi,
>I followed the sequence of steps mentioned in the web site for deploying custom portlet
but getting the following error.
>Can someone please let me know what i am missing?
>
>2004-08-10 17:06:05,411 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
-
>JetspeedPowerTool failed to retreive the current PortletEntity.
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow:
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException: Error generating new
PortletEntity:
>org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException: Failed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow: org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException:
>Error generating new PortletEntity: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException:
>Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
> at org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.impl.PortletWindowAccessorImpl.getPortletWindow(PortletWindowAccessorImpl.java:98)
> at org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getCurrentPortletEntity(JetspeedPowerTool.java:381)
>
>regards
>Nag

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <weaver@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>        *