From Raphaƫl Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for a little help evaluating Jetspeed
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:10:39 GMT
Scott T. Weaver wrote:
> Damien Byrne wrote:
>
 > <snip>
>

>> Also I noticed a post just after I had joined the list asking when
>> Jetspeed2 might be going beta, I too would like to know that (as
>> obviously it would spur my decision).
>

> As soon as we get navs and admin portlets addressed, I would assume we
> should go beta.  That being said, I can't give you a solid date.
> However, we hope for it to be very soon.

I think documentation and bundled demo portal would be the 2 other major
items requiring work in J2, but given the increasing stability of the
core of J2 and in a bid to help Fusion, we can possibly plan in the very
short term a "milestone" release of J2, ie Jestpeed 2 M1 is a JSR168
complaint portal, M2 would bring in customization, M3 new content portlets
etc... until we get close to equal to the J1 features.

Releasing a J2 M1 release would have the additionnal advantage of providing
a released artiefact for fusion, which could then be "safely" included in the
upcomong Jetspeed 1.6 release.

--
Raphael Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java