From nagaraja rao <nraochen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying Custom Portlet
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:21:24 GMT
Hi,
My portlet app is not getting deployed. All the other war files (except my war) in jetspeed/deploy
folder are automatically put in the webapps folder of Tomcat.
Do i need to make any entries to register my portlet app with Jetspeed?
I read that it automatically registers the application.
These are the steps which i followed.
1.Created .war file containing the portlet with the portle.xml
2.Modified default-page.psml
3.Put the war file in JetSpeed\Deploy folder of Tomcat 5.0

Thanks in advance.

"Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-list@binary-designs.net> wrote:
Does the deployment log show that your portlet app was deployed? You
may also want to check the database and make sure the app was registered
was registered.

nagaraja rao wrote:

>thanks for the response. The content of portlet.xml is
>

> xsi:schemaLocation="
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet">

HelloWorld

HelloWorld

> text/html

VIEW

>And i modified the default-page.psml as
>

>regards
>Nag
>
>"Scott T. Weaver" wrote:
>Check the deployment log and make sure your portal app war was deployed
>correctly. Also, please post your portlet.xml and your custom .psml page.
>
>nagaraja rao wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I followed the sequence of steps mentioned in the web site for deploying custom portlet
but getting the following error.
>>Can someone please let me know what i am missing?
>>
>>2004-08-10 17:06:05,411 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
-
>>JetspeedPowerTool failed to retreive the current PortletEntity.
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow:
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException: Error generating
new PortletEntity:
>>org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException: Failed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow: org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException:
>>Error generating new PortletEntity: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException:
>>Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>>at org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.impl.PortletWindowAccessorImpl.getPortletWindow(PortletWindowAccessorImpl.java:98)
>>at org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getCurrentPortletEntity(JetspeedPowerTool.java:381)
>>
>>regards
>>Nag

>>New and Improved Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!

* Scott T. Weaver *
* *
* *
* Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal *
* Apache Pluto Portlet Container *
* *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
* *