From nagaraja rao <nraochen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying Custom Portlet
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:33:47 GMT
thanks for the response. The content of portlet.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <portlet-app id="Hello" version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="
  http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet">
   <portlet id="HelloWorld">
     <portlet-name>HelloWorld</portlet-name>
    <portlet-class>HelloWorld</portlet-class>
      <portlet-info>
       <title>Hello World</title>
    </portlet-info>

    <supports>
     <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
     <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
    </supports>
   </portlet>
  </portlet-app>

And i modified the default-page.psml as
 <fragment id="40" type="portlet" name="Hello::HelloWorld">
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="3" />
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="1" />
    </fragment>

regards
Nag

"Scott T. Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-list@binary-designs.net> wrote:
Check the deployment log and make sure your portal app war was deployed
correctly. Also, please post your portlet.xml and your custom .psml page.

nagaraja rao wrote:

>Hi,
>I followed the sequence of steps mentioned in the web site for deploying custom portlet
but getting the following error.
>Can someone please let me know what i am missing?
>
>2004-08-10 17:06:05,411 [http-8080-Processor24] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool
-
>JetspeedPowerTool failed to retreive the current PortletEntity.
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow:
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException: Error generating new
PortletEntity:
>org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException: Failed
to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
>org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow: org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToCreateWindowException:
>Error generating new PortletEntity: org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletentity.PortletEntityNotGeneratedException:
>Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for Hello::HelloWorld
> at org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.impl.PortletWindowAccessorImpl.getPortletWindow(PortletWindowAccessorImpl.java:98)
> at org.apache.jetspeed.velocity.JetspeedPowerTool.getCurrentPortletEntity(JetspeedPowerTool.java:381)
>
>regards
>Nag

* Scott T. Weaver *
* *
* *
* Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal *
* Apache Pluto Portlet Container *
* *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Management *
* *