From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Inter Portlet Communication
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:20:30 GMT
Le 30 juin 04, à 12:12, Maruthi Ravuri a écrit :

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I have a JSP Portlet which is displaying the News Titles from mysql
> database.
>
> When i click(titles should have a link) on a particular title the
> corresponding description of news should be displayed(from datbase) in
> a separete(another) portlet.
>
> My Datbase is like this ::Table name -News
>
> These are the columns in the news table ::
>
> Title of News-Description of news-Date(News will be sorted by date)
>
> I could display the JSP with news titles.I dont know how to manage
> interportlet communication (one JSP to another JSP)..can anybody give
> guidelines who have idea in this regard?.
>
> Thank you,

Assuming you're using J1, you can simply share data between your
portlets using the session.
Simply have your link invoke an action in Portlet 1, that will set a
session or request parameter that is
expected by Portlet 2.

Alternatively, if you're willing to tightly couple both portlets, you
can simply have the
Portlet 2 access the request parameters and look for a pre-defined
shared "title" parameter.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java