From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Unused methods in PortletWindowAccessor
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:07:52 GMT

On Jul 1, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Scott T Weaver wrote:

> PortletWindowAccessor has 2 methods: createPortletWindow methods that
> are never used anywhere, looks like the getWindow methods take care of
> this for us automatically.  I propose we delete these unused methods as
> they can cause confusion on how the API is used.

-1
I think you need to do a CVS update now and then and be considerate of
what other developers on the TEAM are doing

Removing createPortletWindow(PortletEntity, String) will break the build
See org.apache.jetspeed.fusion.portal.portlets.JetspeedFusionPortlet in
the Jetspeed CVS

The second signature createPortletWindow(String) may be deleted,
although you may want to check with Serge,
he currently uses the first signature also

> We may also want to be on the look out for such unused methods in other
> classes.

Why don't you create an issue: "Review and Document Jetspeed API",
there are lots of interfaces and methods without documentation found
under components