From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Unused methods in PortletWindowAccessor
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 18:41:20 GMT

On Jul 1, 2004, at 11:02 AM, Scott T Weaver wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 12:07, David Sean Taylor wrote:
>> On Jul 1, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Scott T Weaver wrote:
>>
>>> PortletWindowAccessor has 2 methods: createPortletWindow methods that
>>> are never used anywhere, looks like the getWindow methods take care
>>> of
>>> this for us automatically.  I propose we delete these unused methods
>>> as
>>> they can cause confusion on how the API is used.
>>>

>> -1
>> I think you need to do a CVS update now and then and be considerate of
> I update every day.  I don't use J1 so I don't have it in my
> environment, I guess that is on more thing I need to be concerned
> about.
>> what other developers on the TEAM are doing
> That is why I asked.  I could have just deleted them.

Yup, you can do whatever you please, but it doesn't change the fact
that you would have still broken the J1 build.

In my mind, the Jetspeed-1 and Jetspeed-2 teams are the same.
There are two different CVS modules, yet we as committers are members
of both CVS modules.

Once we have a release, any release of J2, then J1 will become
dependent on it.
Until then, IMO we do have to be concerned about J1 making use of the
J2 API.
So whenever the Jetspeed API changes, compile J1