From Scott T Weaver <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: I am new to portlets; question on potrlet.jar
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 19:41:45 GMT
Hi Brad,

Are you trying to write J1-specific portlets or JSR-168 portlets?

Only JSR-168 portlets need the portlet api jar.  Also, 1.5 does not
support JSR-168 portlets.  If you want to develop JSR-168 portlets you
can check out Jetspeed 2 from the CVS or Jetspeed 1 from the CVS and
enable "fusion" mode to support JSR-168.

As for getting portlet.jar:
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/portlet-api/jars/

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 13:01, brad.simonin@psl.nmsu.edu wrote:
> I have jetspeeed 1.5 installed with Tomcat and I want to build my first
> "hello world" portlet.  My problem is I can't find the portlet.jar file
> with all the API's to put in my classpath.  It could be right in front
> of me and I just can't find it.
>
> Can you give me some help?
>
> --Brad Simonin

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *