From Scott T Weaver <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: [FUSION] jetspeed.groovy
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:03:04 GMT
Was thinking about somehow implementing an end user container that
becomes the child of the one created by jetspeed.groovy.

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 05:46, Serge Huber wrote:
> I have the same problem with Jahia. What I was looking at was creating a
> patch file that would store my modifications on the original J2
> jetspeed.groovy file, and then use a maven goal to apply the patch. This
> wouldn't prevent on major changes (and probably the maven goal should
> fuss), but for minor changes it should work ok.
>
> So the algorithm would be :
>
> 1. update J2 from CVS
> 2. copy the jetspeed.groovy file over to J1
> 3. apply the patch file
> 4. launch J1
>
> Something like that. I haven't done it yet but I thought it might work. And
> it would certainly help having to manage them by hand (even with Eclipse
> really cool tool :), btw I also like Araxis Merge under Windows,
> http://www.araxis.com/merge/index.html, which can compare directories).
>
> Regards,
>    Serge Huber.
>
> At 23:28 01.07.2004, you wrote:
>
> >On Jul 1, 2004, at 2:16 PM, Scott T Weaver wrote:
> >
> >>I actually found a REALLY painless way to do it in Eclipse.
> >>
> >>1. Select jetspeed.groovy in fusion
> >>2. ctrl+select jetspeed.groovy in J2 (so both are selected
> >>simultaneously)
> >>3. right click either file and choose compare with > each other.
> >>
> >>You then get a standard 2 column diff screen with the added   Neat,
> >>bonus of being able to copy changes between the two.  Neat, huh!
> >Thanks, that is cool
> >I think the Compare With feature (for comparing CVS versions) uses the
> >same Diff editor
> >
> >--
> >David Sean Taylor
> >Bluesunrise Software
> >david@bluesunrise.com
> >[office]   +01 707 773-4646
> >[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *