From Scott T Weaver <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject Re: [J2] Using Portal Services in J2 Portlets
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 18:03:24 GMT
On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 10:47, David Le Strat wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I found this interesting article on how to use Nano
> services in a web application:
>
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/NANO/NanoContainer+Servlet
>
> I believe this provides a great facility to expose
> portal services in portlets.
>
> Question for Scott:  I know that you have been doing
> quite a bit of refactoring on the component side of
> J2.  Is this the direction you have been heading?
No.  Mine is more of a general nature.  I have built in auto detection
of components by the existence of config files in META-INF.

> Also, what timeline are you looking into before
> applying your changes.
Hopefully soon.

> Cheers everyone and have a great day.
>
> David.

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *