From Emad Benjamin <ebenj...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Service Framework Proposal
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:05:39 GMT
At 08:17 AM 2/9/2004 -0700, BaTien Duong wrote:
>Jun Yang wrote:
>
>>Cornerstone JMX is ready for use.
>>
>>I have checked in cornerstone-jmx-demo under jakarta-jetspeed-2.  I will
>>be checking in cornerstone-jmx after I merge the changes into
>>cornerstone.  jetspeed-cornerstone-jmx-1.0.jar is checked in under
>>cornerstone-jmx-demo as a temporary measure to let the demo run.  Read
>>how-to-run.txt.  The demo shows how simple it is to use Cornerstone JMX
>>to put any object under the management of JMX.
>
>Hello Jun
>
>It's great. There are so many excellent things going on with open
>technologies and i cannot find time to get back to J2 and Pluto. Anyway, i
>have a quick and simple question regarding to JMX implementation. Would
>you please shed some light on the current implementation in relation to
>standard JMX in J2SE 1.5

I did a quick review of the JMX APIs in J2SE1.5 and I see that they have a
good wide coverage of the JMX set, but I couldn't see where they have made
it easier for a java.lang.Object to be auto-JMX-ed.  I think long term we
can compliment the J2Se1.5 by adding our solution as a helper class.

Here is some background information:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/relnotes/features.html

http://www.developer.com/java/data/article.php/2213791 <--- article on what
Sun plans to do