From "Roger Ruttimann" <roger.ruttim...@earthlink.net>
Subject [J2] Deployment
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2004 04:35:15 GMT
I got the latest CVS head for J2.
I can build it without any problems.
I can deploy it (j2\portal maven fullDeploy) with no errors.

When I start tomcat (4.1.29) I get the following exception:

WARN: Unable to intialize Catalina Portlet Application Manager.  Auto
deployment will be disabled: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.<init>(FileSystemPAM.java:
90)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.CatalinaPAM.<init>(CatalinaPAM.java:79)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.CatalinaAutoDeploymentServiceImpl.init(C
atalinaAutoDeploymentServiceImpl.java:119)
        at org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.initService(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.doInitService(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.fulcrum.BaseServiceBroker.init(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.cps.CommonPortletServices.init(CommonPortletServices.jav
a:151)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initServices(JetspeedEngine.java:3
59)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:164)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:98)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedServlet.init(JetspeedServlet.java:168)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:93
5)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:823)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3422)

Otherwise tomcat starts as expected.
When I access the Jetspeed URL I just get the logo no portlets. I think
that's expected due to the fact that Auto deployment is disabled.

Any idea what causes this problem (looks like an invalid properties path)?

Roger