From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: [J2] Service Framework Proposal
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 01:48:14 GMT
David, and Jetspeed all -

Thanks for the proposal.  We are also evaluating component frameworks
for our CHEF project, which has been based on Jetspeed 1 and the
Jetspeed / Turbine service model, which seems a type 1 IoC like Avalon.

I am currently very interested in Spring's component framework, which
can handle type 2 or 3 IoC.  You  mention it in your analysis, but did
not end up recommending using it.  Any specific comments of the merits
or problems of Spring, in general, and for Jetspeed?

Thanks.

- Glenn