From "Mestrallet benjamin" <benjamin.mestral...@exoplatform.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Service Framework Proposal
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2004 02:31:21 GMT
So now, all this is getting personal. What a shame! I really do not want to low myself to this...

I would never call you Mr Le Strat or hijack the debate if someone from the J2 community didn't
signaled to me the existence of your draft and the absence of any mention to eXo in it. Every
member of our community saw it and all came to the same conclusion: your work proposal is
simply the copy of the eXo design with no additional value. However, this is not the problem!
Our code is open, you can see and copy it as you pleases. We publish all our designs in articles
that you "kindly" read and copy to the JetSpeed list. But then do not come and claim all those
ideas are yours!

The problem is not what part of code or what design is taken from what project. A portal is
a complex association of several concepts, parterns and ideas. The value comes from the synergies
- the association (design) - and not the separate parts. Any junior developer is able to understand
that and you do not fool anybody!
Please, the eXo platform team does not claim any property on the Singleton partern. But we
do claim that the platform design you have been highly inspired with by your "due dilligence"
of our project comes from us and not from you.

The mere justice wants that our project should at least be sited in your draft...and not as
a joke source of Singleton partern but as a chief source of your work.

Our team promotes the cooperation with every open source community, including JetSpeed. We
do believe that the debate is the key to the open source development and actively take part
in forums and discussions. We always answer all the questions coming to us. We just do not
seem to share the same values of honour and respect that some people do.

Regards,

Benjamin Mestrallet
eXo platform® project leader
eXo platform SARL manager