From nick the mytilian <athan...@csd.uoc.gr>
Subject web.xml in jetspeed
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:00:36 GMT
Hello,

I try to set up my jetspeed application under tomcat 4.1.27 and jetspeed
1.4.

I would like to start a servlet "on-startup-time", so i add the following
snippet of code in ${JETSPEED_HOME}/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml file:

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            init
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
             ServletTemplate
        </servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>
                configFile
            </param-name>
      <param-value>
                WEB-INF/conf/portal.properties
            </param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>database</param-name>
      <param-value>database</param-value>
    </init-param>

    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

  </servlet>

This worked well in tomcat 4.1.18 and jetspeed 1.4b2, but in the new
version of jetspeed I see that web.xml has changed. As a result, jetspeed
does not start AT ALL (!).

Does anyone use a servlet loaded from web.xml file in jetspeed 1.4?

the servlet is the following:

package fr.inria.cweb.appserver;

import java.io.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class ServletTemplate extends HttpServlet {
                    HttpServletResponse response)
      throws ServletException, IOException {

    PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
  }