From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@ngsltd.com>
Subject RE: Concern about Jetspeed Performance
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:48:27 GMT
I would love to site a Jetspeed portal servicing up to 500K users!

Anyway, the security component is pluggable, you can develop your own
optimized security component (take a look at the security doc:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/security.html and there's also a
security spec document in proposals folder). With building a portal
servicing up to 500K users, you should have money in your budget to do that
;-)

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Youssef Mohammed
[mailto:skahlskfnvlkkmnsdflbkjghpskoeruihdkflkhlkjvh@rayasoftware.com]
  Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 4:26 AM
  To: Jetspeed Developers List (E-mail)
  Subject: Concern about Jetspeed Performance

  Hi

          I am working in a project that will use jetspeed as portal that
should support up to 500,000 users and I really have concern about the
ability for jetspeed to support such big number. I am saying that because I
saw in the administration code "in the class UserBrowserAction  "

              // Currently, the getUsers(filter) is not implemented - need
to do local filtering .

              Iterator users = JetspeedSecurity.getUsers();

  our users are stored in openLdap and I am just worry could this code go
fine with the 500,000 users !!!!!