From "Yayati Kasralikar" <yay...@indent.org>
Subject Localization question
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:26:01 GMT
Hello:

We are using JSP and currently are only interested in internationalizing
static text.  Out approach is to use JSP to replace the static text using
resource bundles.

We have created properties files and put them in our jar file as
com.a.jetspeed.modules.localization.Message_en_US.properties
com.a.jetspeed.modules.localization.Message_de_DE.properties

We added to turbineresources.properties

locale.default.bundles=com.a.jetspeed.modules.localization.Message,org.apach
e.jetspeed.modules.localization.JetspeedLocalization

We could not get JSP page to work with:
messages = ResourceBundle.getBundle("Message",Locale.GERMANY);

Error we get something like MissingREsourceException.

We got it to work when we did
messages =
ResourceBundle.getBundle("com.a.jetspeed.modules.localization.Message",Local
e.GERMANY);

Question 1: How do we configure turbineresources.properties file so that we
do not have to specify com.a.jetspeed.modules.localization. each time.

Question 2: In this process, we made changes to properties file and the
title which was specified in top.vm now appears as "TOP_TITLE" and the top
righthand section appeares capitalized, prefixed with TOP_ . How do we get
the original top disply back?