From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed-2 Build Problems - Workaround
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:39:06 GMT
+1, Hypersonic is sometimes more trouble than it is worth.

It would be nice to have a single, generic schema to generate the db scripts from.  I looked
at commons-sql a while back to serve this need but it didn't seem to support many databases
and wasn't very mature at the time.  On the other hand, Torque does an excellent job at generating
DB scripts from one standardized xml document.  We wouldn't require Torque as a dependency
but we could include a Torque xml schema for Jetspeed 2 along with some pre-generated DB scripts
for the more main stream databases: MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Postgres, etc.

Regards,
| Scott T Weaver                 |
| <weaver@apache.org>            |
| Apache Jetspeed Portal Project |