From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: New project at work, and I'd like to use Jetspeed 2, but need help
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:16:31 GMT

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 09:55  AM, Barnhill William wrote:

> Thanks David. It looks interesting though I will definitely need a
> better understanding of Jetspeed2,  or good docs, in order to connect
> the profiler.rules sources to the steps necessary to change a
> portlet's look.
> What I am seeing is
> ------------------------
> Portlet Title
> ------------------------
> Portlet content
>
> What I'd like to know is where exactly the
> ------------------------
> Portlet Title
> ------------------------
> part is produced, and what is the approved way to change that?
> Ideally this would be either a single .jsp or .vm file I can edit.

Yes of course thats obvious (templates).
Let me try again:
Jetspeed-2 is very new and we are still designing the system.
We are currently designing the system and you are welcome to take part
in the design
If you are looking for a working portal take a look at J1

> I found the renderStack in places in the code.
> If it helps I think another way of asking the same question is that
> I'd like to understand
>       1) how portlet content is pushed onto the render stack
>       2) how the portlet decorators such as title are pushed onto the
> stack.

Items 1 and 2 above are under the realm of the aggregation code which
is not yet written.
The aggregator code currently is J2 is a placeholder.
Again, Im working an email thread to properly start this discussion and
introduce some of the concepts that the development team has come up
with thus far. Give me an hour or so and I will send it to the list.