From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: PSML data.
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 15:47:04 GMT

On Saturday, November 22, 2003, at 01:35  AM, nick the mytilian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have built my own, with the source code of jetspeed. That is, from
> the
> ${JETSPEED_HOME}/built folder, i run "ant install", and jetspeed copied
> the files under $TOMCAT_HOME}/webapps/jetspeed..
>
> My problem is that every time i shut down tomcat, all users get
> dissapear.
> And i cannot understand how to solve the problem:
> Do i have to store the psml in the database, as it says in the jetspeed
> site? This seems not to work.

In any production system I strongly recommend moving the database out
of the webapp and not using the demo database: Hypersonic DB.
Your users should not disappear when you shut down Tomcat.
However the PSML and database will be overwritten if you redeploy your
webapp  using "ant deploy" or "ant install"
Be very careful with that
Try using "ant hotdeploy" to deploy incremental changes to your webapp.