From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: New project at work, and I'd like to use Jetspeed 2, but need help
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:52:44 GMT

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 09:22  AM, Barnhill William wrote:

> I have the latest cvs from nov 26, have built successfully, and get
> the welcome page listing the portlets.
> So far so good, and the architecture (what I understand so far) looks
> great.
> My only problem is that I can't find in Jetspeed2 the mechanisms I use
> to control layout in Jetspeed.
> I found the VerySimpleLayoutValve code and that seems to handle
> footer, header.

There is a new Page model in J2 replacing PSML
See the CVS under o.a.j.om.page
You can't find the control layout code in J2 because its not there yet.
Remember that J2 is a new project under development

> But what I'd like is the TabController back, and what'd I really like
> is to be able to convert a FlashMenuController I wrote to Jetspeed2
> and submit it for possible contribution.
>
> It looks like Velocity .vm templates are gone, but velocity macros are
> still there -- invoked within JSP now.
> Basically, the questions are:
> 1) How do I setup portlet controllers
> 2) How do I get portlet skins to display around each portlet , or at
> least get the colored title bar and action images
> 3) How do I get 2 or 3 column layout of portlets
>
> I need to submit a prototype next week, but I'm hoping that since
> portlet content is working that integrating the answers to the above
> questions won't be too hard.

Controllers are now known as layouts in the new page terminology
Im working on some documentation to help out here
I will try to get a aggregation thread started on the list today.
 From there we can start discussing it in more detail and work towards a
common design

--
David Sean Taylor