From "Barnhill William" <barnhill_will...@bah.com>
Subject Re: [J1] Anybody got maven.xml/project.xml to work for building Jetspeed?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:52:26 GMT
Heh. Ok, looks like it's not maven.

I manually invoked the torque build.xml to generate the needed sources
and jar'd those off into a safe place. Then I ran maven, without calling
the torque plugin. I got a list of errors and after some fiddling sent
the email below. I thought that the cause was my using maven instead of
ant, as everything built when I followed the instructions to cd to build
and type build war..

To be safe I did a build clean and then a build war.

This resulted in the same list of 32 errors as generated by maven.

Errors are clustered in the following files:

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineUserManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineRoleManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbinePermissionManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineGroupManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\psmlmanager\db\DatabasePsmlManagerService.java

With 2/3 of them caused by
jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\psmlmanager\db\DatabasePsmlManagerService.java.

I did notice that the version of turbine I checked out of cvs was 2.2,
and current turbine version is 2.3.

I tried the build clean build cycle after replacing 2.2 with 2.3 of
turbine jar, got 100+ plus errors instead of 32, so swapped  back to 2.2
turbine jar.

Anyone else having this problem?

Bill Barnhill