From "Barnhill William" <barnhill_will...@bah.com>
Subject Re: New project at work, and I'd like to use Jetspeed 2, but need help
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:19:25 GMT
Ahh, this clears up some misconceptions on my part.

Really I have you all to blame :), as when I first found Jetspeed (V1)
it also was supposed to be in development and not for production use. I
downloaded it anyway and it worked great for my project (this was a few
years ago). I've been busy with other projects and am now working with
portal  tech again so decided to turn to Jetspeed again, this time V2.
I had hoped it would be as usable out of the box as the other
"development" version, but now understand I am getting in on the ground
floor this time.

That's not a problem in the slightest as I'll use Jetspeed v1 for the
project currently, as I've seen on the mailing list instructions for
migration from v1 to v2.

In the meanwhile, how can I help? It'd be best for me if I can work on
getting layouts finished off, but I'm willing to work where needed.

I have a fair amount of Java development experience, mostly centered
around the following:  UI design, XML generation/manipulation, image
manipulations, and Servlets/JSP.  I can commit to an average of 5-10
hours per week.

Bill Barnhill