From "Barnhill William" <barnhill_will...@bah.com>
Subject New project at work, and I'd like to use Jetspeed 2, but need help
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 17:22:43 GMT
I have the latest cvs from nov 26, have built successfully, and get the
welcome page listing the portlets.
So far so good, and the architecture (what I understand so far) looks great.
My only problem is that I can't find in Jetspeed2 the mechanisms I use
to control layout in Jetspeed.
I found the VerySimpleLayoutValve code and that seems to handle footer,
header.

But what I'd like is the TabController back, and what'd I really like is
to be able to convert a FlashMenuController I wrote to Jetspeed2 and
submit it for possible contribution.

It looks like Velocity .vm templates are gone, but velocity macros are
still there -- invoked within JSP now.
Basically, the questions are:
1) How do I setup portlet controllers
2) How do I get portlet skins to display around each portlet , or at
least get the colored title bar and action images
3) How do I get 2 or 3 column layout of portlets

I need to submit a prototype next week, but I'm hoping that since
portlet content is working that integrating the answers to the above
questions won't be too hard.

Any help would be appreciated,
Bill Barnhill