From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: New project at work, and I'd like to use Jetspeed 2, but need help
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 18:27:25 GMT

On Wednesday, November 26, 2003, at 10:19  AM, Barnhill William wrote:

> Ahh, this clears up some misconceptions on my part.
>
> Really I have you all to blame :), as when I first found Jetspeed (V1)
> it also was supposed to be in development and not for production use.
> I downloaded it anyway and it worked great for my project (this was a
> few years ago). I've been busy with other projects and am now working
> with portal  tech again so decided to turn to Jetspeed again, this
> time V2.  I had hoped it would be as usable out of the box as the
> other "development" version, but now understand I am getting in on the
> ground floor this time.

Yes you are getting in on the ground floor, but thats a good thing!

> That's not a problem in the slightest as I'll use Jetspeed v1 for the
> project currently, as I've seen on the mailing list instructions for
> migration from v1 to v2.
>
> In the meanwhile, how can I help? It'd be best for me if I can work on
> getting layouts finished off, but I'm willing to work where needed.

Thats entirely up to you.
You can start by getting involved in the discussions on this list.
Im sure you will find some area of code that interests you

> I have a fair amount of Java development experience, mostly centered
> around the following:  UI design, XML generation/manipulation, image
> manipulations, and Servlets/JSP.  I can commit to an average of 5-10
> hours per week.

Excellent. Look forward to working with you

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software