From "Harald Ommang" <har...@ommang.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed 1.4 release available for download
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:51:32 GMT
Mark Orciuch wrote:
>The Jakarta Jetspeed development team has released the latest version
>of the Jetspeed Portal Server, version 1.4 Final Release.
>
>* New Features *
>
>        - Search service refactored with pluggable document handlers
>        - Parameter style jsp tag
>        - Logging converted from Turbine to Commons + log file viewer portlet.
>Contributed by Harald Ommang
>        - Improved portlet skinning capabilities. Contributed by Aurelien
>Pernoud
>        - WebClippingPortlet. Contributed by Marco Mari
>        - MyPages functionality
>        - Java applet portlet
>        - BASICAuthIFrame portlet. Contributed by Jacob Kjome
>        - Implemented portlet icon functionality
>        - Polish language resource bundle

Very glad to see this out as a final release!
Thanks to all committers and other contributors.
I'd like to give a special thank you to Mark, as I've seen him put a great
effort into patching, committing and testing between the release of 14b4 and 1.4.

Harald

PS: Strictly speaking, the logging changes are from Turbine to pure Log4J, not
Commons Logging.