From Prabhu Kapaleeswaran <PKapaleeswa...@ifc.org>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 development
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:16:37 GMT
Greetings !!

There is something called Standard Rule Language. Blaze software (the way
it was known then) was trying to bring this out. After sometime blaze was
bought out and I dont think much as happened to that JSR.

The SRL allows you to define rules in simple english like language, and on
the other side converts it into something that is executable. The rules go
into rule sets. Blaze also gave a workflow bench (Innovator Work Bench I
think) that allowed you to apply these rule sets at different points.  So
to answer your question, we can build things that can help us do this.

We need to build that tool. I have some idea of how it works, I can
probably write it down and put it across. I have worked with the workbench
during a period when Blaze was part of Brokat Software. It was used for
personalization at that point.

The other alternative you could consider is JESS. There are already books
floating from manning on JESS.

Cheers
Prabu K

"Jeff Linwood" <jeff@greenninja.com>
10/22/2003 05:57 PM
Please respond to "Jetspeed Developers List"