From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@ngsltd.com>
Subject RE: [Vote] Jetspeed 1.4 Release
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:13:13 GMT
> I think new drag-n-drop customizer and dbpsml enhancements really bring
> Jetspeed to a higher level competitively with respect to the other
> portals.

Last time I've heard, David didn't feel comfortable committing these yet.

> i think its nearly ready. Before releasing 1.4 we should to do
> the following things:
>
> 1) resolve all bugs (may not include fixing them)

My plan is to document all known bugs/issues. I am not aware of any show
stoppers. Are you?

> 2) improve the included themes for Jetspeed. We need more
> professional looking themes. Need to make the default
> configuration more refined  and more useful.

Nice to have but IMO not a must for the final release.

> 3) merge David's Tutorial on Jetspeed with the current
> documentation to create a complete documentation set.

That is David's call. I don't think he'll have time to do this in the near
future.

> 4) improve the documentation particularly with respect to PSML
> management. Need sections a user guide section, admin guide, and
> developers/customizers guide.

We'll need volunteers with good technical writing skills. Sometimes,
developers are not the best technical writers (I know I'm not).

> probably upgrading to turbine 2.3 would be a good idea for 1.5
> along with David's and Cisco's improvements.

I agree. It's too risky at this point.

Boyd,

Do you have any time that you can contribute helping out with the final
release?

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/