From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: [Pluto] basic architecture
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:19:57 GMT
I've looked in the pluto/WEB-INF/web.xml, the
testsuite/WEB-INF/web.xml, and one I used "ant install" in pluto to
insert, samples/WEB-INF/web.xml, and nowhere is there any <Context
crossContext="true" ... />.

I've also just read the servlet spec, and didn't see any mention of
this concept.

Where is this <Context> thing defined?  Under what standard does it
exist?  Help!

* * *

Wait - I see <Context ... /> in the tomcat server.xml... is that what
we are talking about?  If so, did I miss some documentation that
requests that I do something special with <context> in server.xml for
Tomcat to make pluto work?  I have not, and it does seem to work...

And if so, then Pluto is dependent on Tomcat, not on any Servlet 2.3
container, right?

Thanks.

- Glenn