From Ken Geis <kg...@galenworks.com>
Subject Re: Jetspeed2 development
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 20:36:26 GMT
Scott, I see most of the things you describe as being the responsibility
of core developers.  I could hope to help with that sort of thing, but I
was thinking of more grunt-work type stuff, small units of work
requiring little design where a developer can leverage existing work
(e.g. "using the implementation of X as an example, implement Y.")  Like
porting particular portlets from Jetspeed1 to Jetspeed2.

Scott Weaver wrote:
>>To follow that up, where can the more casual contributor be of use right
>>now?
>

> We need to put together a more up to date TODO list.  But here are so open things off
the top of my head:

> - Security
> - Themes/Skins
> - New aggregation engine (David Taylor is currently working on an
>   asynchronous rendering aggregator)
> - Page registry (replaces psml, is not subject-specific like PSML was)
> - Profiling.  David Le Strat has put together a proposal and code for this.
>   The proposal is under design-docs/proposals.
> - Struts integration.
> - New component framework to replace Fulcrum (and possibly CPS which is
>   currently a fa├žade over Fulcrum)
> - Customization interfaces
> - Admin interfaces
>
> That is all I can think of off the top of my head.  I will try to get these updated to
the CVS.