From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: mailportlet v0.2 - Jetspeed 2 comments
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:25:51 GMT

Kewl!

> Its taken some times. I had some overtimes for it but I have bad feelings
> because of some demotivation factors like some unclear infos about
> jetspeed
> 2. I hope in a short time jetspeed 2 project will start and again we will
> create a synergy on this channel.

Well, we were under an NDA, so we were unable to really discuss anything about jetspeed 2.

> I have some question
> Pluto source code will be closed? (I am working with Wepshpere portal and

We hope not.  From what I have gathered, they will release it under an Apache license.  The
source packages are already org.apache.pluto.

> feel as on a jail. I like Jetspeed because you can control everything..)
> All turbine related codes will be dismissed?

We are not using any framework as default, it will be up to the portlet application developers
to choose a framework for their individual portlet applications.  However, we have every intention
of creating a migration path of existing portlets.  This will take some time though, so don't
expect it right away.

> When jetspeed 2 will be available and at this time design will be finished
> already or our can we participate with our feedbacks.
> JS 1 will be still alive or what?

To my knowledge, J1 is not going anywhere (in a good way ;).  However, I think you will see
most of the focus of development switching to J2.

> What is the IBM role? only a helpfull commiter or owner of project?

Pluto is currently IBM's project.  We do have one of the Pluto developers as a J2 committer
though.

> Why we cannot view codes? Do not put pluto I want to review codes. I dont
> have to run it but only watcing is enough for me.. for now of course (I
> know
> that many person will ask about it and will try to compile, when it fail
> will curse coders :))
>
> Sorry if I hurt somebody.
> I like to asking everything clearly without hiding something.

Most of us have thick skin here ;)