From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: jakarta-jetspeed-2 CVS
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:13:22 GMT

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 11:02  AM, Serge Huber wrote:

> Hey great job ! At first look, the code looks nice... In the short
> time I've been looking at it I'm not exactly sure how everything fits
> together but it seems very flexible and Turbine-free :)
>
> I definitely show interest, as I was shy of integrating Jetspeed 1 in
> my projects, but this new projects looks easier to integrate with.
>
> One quick question while I'm at it : I didn't find the code that
> filters the output of the portlet into the buffer (as seen in the
> request JPG) ? Can you point me to it ?

Well we haven't (ahem) implemented buffering or caching or
multi-threaded aggregation yet
(although Raphael has something started there I believe....;-)
Everything is going straight out the servlet stream right now
As I said, the code is still very early in the development cycle

> Funny to see that the request dispatching code is similar to what I
> had done in my project, but I guess there aren't 100 ways of using
> wrappers while doing cross-context dispatching :) If there is some
> work to be done there and I have time I might be able to contribute
> because I did a lot of work on this especially on portability accross
> servlet containers.

There is lots of work to be done, and your contributions are very
welcome!
In fact I think there will be a lot of credible people willing to work
on the project.
We still have to go through the same process in voting committers in,
but patches are welcome

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software