From "Sami Leino" <sami.le...@netorek.fi>
Subject Re: Extending VelocityPortlet
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:17:00 GMT
> Recompile your class against the new jetspeed jar. Some change in
> signatures could be making it not load, and the
> IncompatibleClassChangeError or LinkageError be hidden from the logs :-(

I tried it without success. However, I performed the following steps in
order to try to find out the origin of the problem:

1) Checked out a clean codebase from CVS
2) Subclassed VelocityPortlet and placed it outside package
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.
3) Configured .xreg files to use the new subclass
4) Made a copy of one Velocity Action class (RegistryBrowseAction) and
placed it outside package org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.portlets.
5) Configured .xreg file to use the new action class.

After performing these 5 steps, the Media Types Browser portlet still ran
without any errors. These 5 steps eliminated the possibility that the
problem could be somewhere in the Jetspeed codebase. I suspect that
there's a conflict between Jetspeed's current configuration files and my
own "legacy" configuration files, and this conflict causes the error to
occur.

Regards,

Sami

--

Sami Leino
Software Developer, Netorek Oy, Turku, Finland