From "Sami Leino" <sami.le...@netorek.fi>
Subject Extending VelocityPortlet
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:51:25 GMT
I have extended 'org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.VelocityPortlet' with
my own class 'fi.netorek.portal.jetspeed.portlets.VelocityPortlet'. My
class does not override any other methods than 'public void init()', which
calls 'super.init()' prior to executing any other initialization code.

After switching my portal to use Jetspeed 1.4 beta 4 (I previously used a
Jetspeed version released at December 2002) as a base, something in my
system went broken. Here's an excerpt of the error log:

  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

        Requested Action not found: ERROR: not set in config
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [org.apache.jetspeed.modules, org.apache.turbine.modules,
        fi.netorek.portal.jetspeed.portlets,
        fi.netorek.portal.jetspeed.modules]

        at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.getInstance
        (ActionLoader.java:174)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec
        (ActionLoader.java:122)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.GenericMVCPortlet.
        buildContent(GenericMVCPortlet.java:283)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.GenericMVCPortlet.
        getContent(GenericMVCPortlet.java:214)
        at org.apache.jetspeed.portal.security.portlets.PortletW
        rapper.getContent(PortletWrapper.java:166)

The error log implies that the portlet does not find the correct action
class. If I use the original
'org.apache.jetspeed.portal.portlets.VelocityPortlet' class, everything
works just fine.

If you have any clues about what might be wrong, I would be very grateful.

Regards,

Sami

--

Sami Leino
Software Developer, Netorek Oy, Turku, Finland