From "Mark Orciuch" <mark_orci...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: NNTP Porlet
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:04:31 GMT

> > My personal opinion (but I think most developers will agree) is that
> > Jetspeed and portlets should be separate modules in the future.
>
> +1 on that.  It will keep clutter out of the base registry files.  '
>
> However, I think the public would loose out on a lot of good
> portlets people are willing to share.  I think there should a
> standard repository, like commons-portlets, to house these contributions.

I agree. Something similar to IBM's portlet catalog
(http://www-3.ibm.com/services/cwi/portal/_pagr/105/) would be a good
initiative for Jetspeed. Also, I think that portlet packaging will become
much easier when Jetspeed implements the new portlet API (JSR 168).

Best regards,

Mark Orciuch - morciuch@apache.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/