From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: ???NEW WebPageService/WebPageServlet NEW ???
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 16:41:22 GMT

On Saturday, March 1, 2003, at 01:16  AM, David G. Powers wrote:

> On Friday 28 February 2003 09:48 pm, David Sean Taylor wrote:
>> On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 04:43  PM, David G. Powers wrote:
>>> I don't think anyone has used HttpProxyPortlet yet.  With a new new a
>>> new thread can be started....
>>
>> Proxy to me means a Proxy Server, which can get quite complicated.
>
> I'll just go with A working name of HttpLiaisonPortlet.  When it is
> ready
> for prime time it can be renamed - It really doesn't matter at this
> point.

Whatever, actually I can't think of anything better than Proxy either,
so Proxy is good enough.

>>> What is the "preferred" HTML parser API to base the rewriter on?
>> Why not a pluggable parser?
>
> I want help to choosing the tools for the "first" implemenation of the
> rewriter interface.  Pluggable can be good but I think one
> implementation
> should be provided.
>
>> If I want to use Neko, why force me to use Swing?
>
> Once again - I only plan to do the first one.  I'd like some help
> deciding
> on the best tool for the job.  If you say use Neko then I'll try to
> make
> it happen.  I'd like more input - I've never worked with Neko.  If my
> concerns about Neko working best with properly formed documents are
> valid
> then it might not be the best tool.  If Neko is ready and up to the
> tasks
> then great - I'm looking help to identify what is available and usable
> today.
>
>> Have you looked at the org.apache.jetspeed.util.rewriter package?
>
> Not much (not enough to unserstand it!)

Sigh.
Im beginning to see the anti-pattern here.
Well if you'd look at it, you'd see it uses Swing as the default,
pluggable parser.

> Ummmm -- ahhhhhh - is this to refute my use of the "Proxy" word?
>
> Seriously - I'm not thinking about a Proxy Cache for this right now.
> If I
> need that I'll just process requests through SQUID or another proxy
> server.

What exactly are you thinking of then?
Perhaps you could tell us about your goals, the feature set of this new
portlet, what code you will reuse and why...

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software