From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Parent information not being referenced in "ref" type portlet s
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:43:40 GMT
I have been digging a little deeper into this, and it appears that portlets only look one inheritance
level up. Example using classname element:

Case 1:

Abstract Portlet A - classname: MyPortletClass

   |- Ref Portlet B - classname: undefined

Assert that Ref Portlet B uses its parent portlet, Abstract Portlet A's, classname.

Case 1 currently passes, as is, within the current implementation

Case 2:

Abstract Portlet A - classname: MyPortletClass

   |- Abstract Portlet B - classname: undefined

         |- Ref Portlet C - classname: undefined

Assert that Ref Portlet C classname will be equal to "MyPortletClass"

PortletFactoryService fails logging that it cannot find classname "null".

Case 2 fails, as it is not interpreting the registry hierarchy fully, (correctly???)

Can anyone re-create these symptoms and verify this for me???

p.s.
This also is happening with init parameters.

* Scott T Weaver                    *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project   *
* weaver@apache.org                 *