From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Parent information not being referenced in "ref" type portlet s
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:06:39 GMT
> What are the symptoms of your problems ?

The fact that I haven't learned to spell yet ;).

Seriously, I had "ref" portlet that wasn't picking up any of the parent information like,
template, action, classname, etc.  I ends up I must have has a trailing space in the parent
attribute.  Everything appears to be working fine now.

However, the one thing that concerns me is that when registry gets marshaled back into the
xreg, the classname gets written to the "ref" portlet.  Where as before, it was not defined
and was relying on the parent's classname.  The same thing was happening before we fixed the
skin aggregation problems.  I may take a look at the code, and see if I can find the cause.

* Scott T Weaver                    *
* Jakarta Jetspeed Portal Project   *
* weaver@apache.org                 *